Founded in 2018, Elocity is a Cleantech company headquartered in Toronto, Canada. The company is digitally transforming the transportation electrification journey for electric utilities, cities and businesses. Elocity is building a global infrastructure to make the electric vehicles transition viable, affordable and sustainable by working closely with utility sector and governments. As more and more electric vehicles are getting connected to grid day by day, Elocity is enabling utilities to manage their infrastructure need efficiently by using its AI enabled technologies. Elocity has set up an Engineering Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru, India and, is uniquely positioned to serve customers across the globe. Elocity also has global presence in USA, Spain and Abu Dhabi.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed in encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Vice President – Business Development
Success in this Role:
To be successful the Senior professional will:
- Lead and manage global team across Elocity Technologies Inc. and our partners to deliver a global service aligned to customer needs
- Be the key point of contact between the customer and Elocity Technologies Inc.
- Build long term and trusted relationship with the client
- Understand customer needs and growth objectives at a strategic and operation level
- Co-develop an action plan for business expansion with the customer, and proactively find solutions and opportunities to ensure success of the action plan
- Bring deep knowledge and expertise across Organisation
- Provide insights and knowledge both internally and externally
Roles & Responsibilities
- Create business plans for the development of new markets in India, APAC and the Middle East;
- Follow up, presentation and develop value map and co-ordinate activities with key stake holders of large power utilities and other retail enterprises, community and business associations and government agencies;
- Actively participate in business meetings with prospective clients and business partners;
- Direct, control, organize and judge the overall business development functions of services through middle business managers;
- Create business policies to manage the growth direction of Elocity Technologies Inc., with CEO and other key stakeholders;
- Establish the company’s mission and planned direction as communicated through policies and tangible objectives, which are met through the successful management of individual, financial and substantial resources;
- Globally promote charging application services of the company, identifying leads and converting into potential revenue-generating business opportunities while assessing clients’ requirements and objectives;
- Assess business opportunities and develop strategies to attract foreign funding sources and venture capital;
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers and business partners;
- Develop action plans, provide industry and local expertise in response to client needs, and support and advise Elocity Technologies Inc.’s engineering teams and internal and external stakeholders;
- Advise and direct the staff in the development and implementation of excellent customer service quality assessment strategies;
- Appoint the managers and other executive staff; delegate the necessary power to them and create optimum working conditions;
- Develop and present proposals to prospective clients and business partners;
- Negotiate business terms, agreements and contracts with clients and business partners;
- Represent the company in dealings with Canadian and foreign government agencies in matters related to Elocity Technologies Inc.’s export market development;
- Hire, train, motivate and supervise business development staff; and
- Able to travel for business trips to India, APAC, the Middle East and in the US as required (not barred or restricted from going to these regions).
- Bachelor’s Degree (Applied Management preferred)
- Proficiency in Hindi will be an asset
- Transportation/ Travel Information:
- Willing to travel regularly, willing to travel internationally, travel expenses paid by the employer
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Fast-paced environment, work under pressure, tight deadlines, attention to detail, large workload
- Personal Suitability:
- Accurate, excellent oral communication, excellent written communication, organized, effective interpersonal skills, critical judgement
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications:
- MS Outlook, MS Office, MS Windows, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
- Major Work Area:
- Data processing and computers, Business Services
- 10 to 15 years of experience in business development and leadership role
- Ability to Supervise:
- 5-10 people, Working groups, Staff in various areas of responsibility, Contractors
- Senior Managers Specific Skills:
- Establish financial and administrative controls
- Formulate and approve promotional campaigns and approve overall human resources planning
- Establish objectives for the organization and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Represent the organization or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization in negotiations or other official functions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs
- Must be familiar with the electric vehicle charging software applications and hardware products and their commercial applications.
- Must have experience developing a relationship with foreign markets, the primary focus in India, APAC and Middle East markets.
- Must understand the E-Mobility market and products related to the electric charging system for electric vehicles and commercial usage.
- Direct experience with Electric Charging companies. (e.g. Electric Chargers OEM, Charge Point Operators) is preferred.
- Must have experience of business models on charging infrastructure, TCO models with distributed energy companies, Electric Vehicles OEM’s and Large Retail enterprises.
Energy / Utilities
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org