Elocity Technologies Inc. (Elocity) is a cleantech company based in Toronto, ON. Elocity is incubated at Center for Urban Energy Ryerson (CUE), and is also mentored through the Accelerator Centre’s JumpStart™ program. Elocity has developed solutions for solving the challenges in electric vehicle space and renewable energy space.
We are transforming the transportation electrification and renewable energy journey for electric utilities, cities and businesses, supporting national and local ambitions for cleaner and sustainable energy systems and help in decarbonising the grid.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead Electronic Design (from Concept to Final) for new products and innovation.
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) during development and sustaining engineering activities.
- Analog and digital circuits, schematic and BOM design
- Develop product specifications and Design Validation Plan
- Integrate electronic hardware, firmware, and software into complete systems.
- Create high power test setup.
- PCB layout and Assembly drawing
- Circuit simulation
- Contribute to the development of design verification & validation plans, protocols, customer-specific and internal functional and performance requirements.
- Work closely with firmware engineers to define system architecture of products.
- Develop, debug, validate and release software to production on new platforms.
- Assist with set up of ST Link (or other software debug tools) to identify root causes and determine proper fixes for software issues.
- Translate customer requirements into design documents, create functional requirements, and component level requirements.
- Support in the regulatory submissions for UL, CSA, CE, etc
- University Degree in Computer, Software, Electrical or Systems Engineering; PhD or master’s degree desired, Bachelor’s degree with appropriate experience will be considered as well.
- Professional Engineer Certification (e.g. P.Eng) considered an asset
- A minimum of 6 years proven experience in designing electro-mechanical components and assemblies from concept to release to market is a must.
- In-depth understanding of power electronics and converter design
- Proficient creating design inputs, system, and subsystem requirements for high power electronics.
- Proficient with Electrical CAD tools, such as schematic capture, PCB, circuit simulation, etc.
- C/C++ developer experience and knowledge of serial and parallel communication protocols, such as USB, SPI, UART, I2C, and SDIO
- Embedded Linux, Python
- Knowledge of EV chargers
- EV industry protocols such as OCPP, OADR, OCPI
- Cyber Security
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org