Job Title: Firmware Development Engineer
Elocity is a cleantech startup striving to make the world a better place through technology innovations. We are building a global infrastructure for making the transition to electric vehicles viable, affordable, and sustainable by working closely with the utilities, governments, and public.
Headquartered out of Canada, we are a team of highly specialized domain experts and problem solvers enabling utilities, public and private sector entities to successfully manage the demands of electric vehicle charging and its infrastructure needs to pave the way for electromobility in future. To know more visit https://elocitytech.com/
As an Embedded Firmware Developer, you will be a part of an International R&D team developing our products for the EV domain.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Work within the team that develops and maintains the firmware for the embedded devices
for EV domain.
• Participate in the technical decision making among the team & other stakeholders.
• Contribute in architecture development and technical guidance to the development team
• Develop the software execution flow charts & other documentation required during the
• Develop test procedures, execute the tests and record the results. Guide other team
members as and when required.
• Report and work on shortcomings and possible improvements related to software products,
documentation, processes, etc. to drive continuous improvements.
• Report project and task status within the development team and towards management.
Desired Candidate Profile
• Excellent low-level/system programming skills in C, C++ and Python
• Understanding of key firmware concepts (Super loops, Bootloaders, Paging, Security Rings)
• 3-5 years of experience with application development on embedded Linux platform.
• Excellent understanding of basics of electronics, can understand schematics, read
• 3-5 years of hands-on experience with application development for various ARM based
MCUs and MPU with or with OS in C/C++ having various interfaces like I2C, SPI, USB,
Ethernet, SD Card, ADC, DAC, etc.
• Experience using RTOS on an MCU platform is a plus.
• Experience debugging application/driver in embedded Linux.
• Working knowledge of using static and dynamic analysis tools.
• Working experience with nim-lang, GTK/QT is a plus
• Knowledge of electrical domain and energy metering is a plus.
• Contribution to an open-source project is a plus
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills, with a technical mindset and analytical approach
• Excellent communication skills – fluent English language skills in reading, writing and
• Willing to work with a diverse multi-cultural team.
• Willingness to learn new/unknown technologies and share knowledge through concise
• Working in a dynamic global Start-up.
• Work on the building the products which are very new to the EV domain.
• Enjoy a flat hierarchy where you may truly shape our HW and SW offerings
• Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
Job Location: Bangalore, India
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com